Monday, March 25, 2013

Koh Chang and a Secret Island, Thailand - CatchingUp pt11

SPOILER: Spectacular pictures at the end!
This catching up series started nearly a month ago so it's time to really catch up and here are snapshots from the next two weeks in Thailand during the middle-end February 2013. Just wishing for a nice relaxed beach time with the option to work on Colnect, I headed to Koh Chang. Didn't get a good vibe there as it felt quite crowded and not essentially with the people I'd like to meet. The nicer rooms were in overpriced resorts inhabited mostly by tourist families. The "backpacker" area on Lonely Beach (a misnomer that stuck) was more short term younger tourists and the rooms were ~10 minutes from the beach. While 10 minutes walk from the beach not seem like a lot to some of you, it's much longer than 10 seconds and it makes a big difference.
I enjoy looking like a stupid dork. It's the new SEXY! or not ,.,.,. Scooter trips are fun so I don't need the social approval. I think.

Koh Chang was so beautiful before the hordes of tourists made it so crowded

Frognector finding new friends but seems like they're stoners

Love is in the air, or leaves are... sounds similar

First night in Koh Chang included skinny dipping while seeing the meteor that hit Russia. Sorry, no pictures from the dip or meteor.
The earth on his armpit means he doesn't have to shave it...

So what's the fish on the right going to do?

Koh Chang, 2013
As fun as Koh Chang wasn't, it took me two days to head out to a beautiful quiet amazing island that has been my home for the next two weeks. While Koh Chang disappointed me, this island restored my joy and was more than I've expected. I would have written down its name but many people who keep frequenting it, prefer that it stays a secret. Well, there are daily boats here from Koh Chang so it's really not a secret, but let it be.
One of the guys working on the boat has a very unique penis belt. When I asked him about it he said something about his shaman saying it'll increase his vigor and whatnot.
Electricity is available in the evenings with a generator and that's the only time I could recharge my laptop. A way around it is to ask for a fruit juice and then the staff has to turn on the generator to use the blender.

A very chill beach, we quickly mingled with everyone around to enjoy Thai guitar night

Vodka redbull - Thai style

Yeah, I was playing as well. Not in Thai language... yet

Unique guitar playing techniques. This is one of those I can make public ;)

Look who else has a Frognector flier on his guitar! Yeah, go Frognector!



Interesting Russian-tourist symbiosis means that the owners of the beach are happy to have Russians coming in the middle of the day and leaving a few hours later. They never give them rooms as they don't like them.

Some of the huts on the beach. Yeah, you really had to read that. How would you guess otherwise?




See this thing inside the water, that's the one from the previous picture


Been a while since I enhanced my feet-pictures series

Coconut? Coconut!

A drink and a meal, two-in-one all year long




More like a painting, isn't it?

The sunrise is better there than the sunset. Boom



No comments:

Post a Comment