Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bird Revival and Chinese New Year in Kampot - CatchingUp pt9

Catching up to the beginning of February in Kampot, Cambodia. Small town on the bank of a quiet and peaceful river. The week I've spent there wasn't amazingly interesting but altogether nice place for chilling.

Let's start with some nice sunset shots at the river.

 and now for the bird revival story. When I heard the sound of something crashing on our window, I initially thought some ball got tossed the wrong way during some game. Going outside after a few minutes, I noticed this bird lying down looking all exhausted and smashed. Damn, it looked like it could use some help.
Have you heard about the bird?
 Imagining the heat of the day wasn't helping it, I brought in a bottle cap and filled it with water. As the bird didn't react much a helped it drink by putting the cap to its beak and pouring the water in. After some good minutes of quenching its thirst and looking all burned out, the bird suddenly decided to get scared of me and flew away.
My mother helping with the bird. How can such small things fly and we can't?


Perhaps it's an ad for some play for children but the masked person freaked me out. Baaah
Picking up some papaya salad for the family near the river. This is surely the fastest papaya salad stand I've ever seen, preparing each salad in under a minute. So unlike most stands where the owner takes her (it's mostly women selling papaya salads) time putting love into each salad.

Chinese new year is celebrated in Cambodia as well. Putting a stash of fake money will help you (or your ancestors) get rich, either here or in the afterlife. Considering the costs, it's not a bad bet...

The vegan part of the post: I find it disgusting to slay an animal and present its corpse like that to promote the success of oneself. Let's all basque in the misery of tasty animals. Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment