Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Goodbye US, hola Mexico!

Almost 6 months of road tripping around the US are now over. They have been extremely interesting and rewarding. I admit that the US surprised me for the better. Nature, especially, but not only, in national parks has been exquisite and jaw dropping at times. Culture is quite diverse and luckily we've met tons of great people throughout. Well, perhaps not only by sheer luck but by using CouchSurfing and having friends all around. There have been many highlights, some on this blog, some in more private writings and some already forgotten. Here are some tributes to Billy, the Ford Focus that served us well for over 6,000 miles and nearly 3 months around the US.
Billy on a foggy morning

Billy on the way to the grand canyon


But hey, time for a change. Having the life of a traveler is a lot about change. So now it's Mexico. We've landed in Guadalajara yesterday and I'm happy to report that while Mexican-Spanish has quite a variety of words I don't know, I can still communicate pretty well with everyone. I'll probably pick up more of the local slang and phrases as I go.

Future? We'll be in Mexico for about 4 months, then head to the UK for ~10 days and then visit Israel in March. Later options may include Russia and then either eastern Europe and China before enjoying lovely Thailand again. All is open except for the flights already booked :)
Airports and 5-star hotels seem to look the same everywhere

As my blog isn't chronological, I'll probably write about different parts of the US trip later on. Especially the burning man posts are written and will be published soon. Trying to space things out to keep my few friends who actually read my blog well entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment