Saturday, June 23, 2012

No Pie in Pai?

One of our neighbors - picture by Dana
Pai is a beautiful small village a few hours away from Chiang Mai in the north of Thailand. Nature is teeming everywhere here and it's a wonderful place I'll surely be coming back to.

Yellow and green, you can see my back on one of the many bridges crossing the river
At the first night, we've slept in the most animal-swarming room I've ever stayed in. On the outside, it looked like a lovely small hut of stilts near the river. Beautifully calm view. Inside, though, was a different story. When I first looked at the toilet, a toad smiled at me and asked for a flush. In the few hours before sleeping I saw another toad, a few lizards, cockroaches, dozens of suicidal flies near the lamp, a broken lizard egg with hundreds of ants feasting on it. "At least there's a mosquito net" was the relaxing thought which turned out to be a false one when the net seem more full of large holes than not. Oh well, for a single night it's all an experience. We were too tired to move. The next day we found a LOVELY room we'll be happy to come back to.

Unfortunately, most of my time in Pai has been confined to the lovely room we were taking here. Seems the cleanliness of Thailand was too much for my body to endure after the dirtiness of India and so my lungs decided to get somewhat infected. A few days of coughing and resting helped restore my power.



Water lilllllles

Well protected from the sun

Take me down to the river. No swimming though :(

Visionary Dana
This post is scheduled to be published when we're deep into Laos so perhaps some new information will soon be coming up.

What would you like to read about or see in the next posts?

No comments:

Post a Comment