Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fried Noodles

A lovely smile makes a world of a difference. This guy has his street stall on Palolem where he sells simple foods for local (read: cheap) prices. Most of the menu is non-vegan unfortunately and I was left only with fried noodles and fried rice. One day, to my dismay, I realized the noodles he's using are egg noodles. There goes the neighborhood... :(



By now we know each other well. I don't know his name and he doesn't know mine. He speaks only a few words of English (prices and names of dishes) and my Hindi isn't better. Often when I don't come for a few days he asks me where I went and why. How to explain that 15 minutes walk is A LONG walk here? How to explain the only option left in his menu for me is fried rice dripping with oil?

Once I played guitar there for half an hour or so. It was when I realized about 20 minutes after leaving the stall that the guitar isn't with me. Hoping that my karma is still proper, I went back and found it leaning on the stall, as I've left it. I was very happy and did a short concert that all my four listeners have greatly enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment