Saturday, November 24, 2012

Exciting Colnect news - API and Plans

This blog post might be somewhat different as I seldom write much about Colnect on this more personal blog. However, since we settled down for a bit in Pai, I was able to focus more efforts into planning Colnect's future. The future's looking bright and I'm adding a blog post here so that if any of you actually sees an opportunity here, you won't be scared to contact me about it.

Beautiful flower coming out of a twig that could otherwise have seemed lifeless

Today I've announced publicly Colnect's API which I think is a fantastic idea. I really don't know why I haven't done it before and an API is the best way any application can develop quickly and to many directions previously not considered. My programming abilities are limited as I'm just one person but with an API other people can take over and develop more things using Colnect's infrastructure. IMO having open APIs is one of the things that made FaceBook so successful as its core functionality was extended by third parties. Google often offers APIs to their products to improve them and increase third parties dependency on Google services. So if you have an idea to rock the collectors world, now's a good time to read about Colnect's API and get it touch :)

In addition to this development, I've finally resolved some load balancing issues that addressed the growing traffic to Colnect. The catalogs are growing and, with more requests from the community, they're becoming more professional and organized over time. Amazing to see how a dedicated community is built over a great hobby that connects people the world over.

Transportation for pigs - I feel pain and disgust seeing how humans treat animals almost anywhere in the world. But hey, someone has to feed all those meat-eaters so some abuse is fine, right? Well, not to me. We don't have to do it, we choose to do it although human survival would be better without abusing and consuming the results of abuse.
On a personal note, life in Pai is going on great. Many great restaurants with delicious vegan dishes at a short walking distance. Not that it doesn't take an effort to explain that an egg or shrimp is something I don't want to eat, but altogether we get great yummy things. Nature is so beautiful and inspiring here and at least a few daily minutes to appreciate it help recharge some more happiness in. Our apartment treats us well, now that we've finally managed to resolve the Internet-connection related issues and can surf quickly and smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment