Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Time to Take the Bus



It's not easy to make this blog follow what I'm doing chronologically so let's keep it in bits and pieces. I'm now traveling with Dana who surprised me by coming to Iceland to celebrate my birthday with me. This is a good time to thank those of you who wished me happy birthday and to wish bad things to those who didn't :)



Why does the headline say "Time to Take the Bus"? Well, because I've only been hitch hiking here in Iceland. It's fun. It's fast. It's great. To be honest, I did take a local bus once in Akureyri but it was free and I got off it after 2 minutes anyway.

So this pictures are from a great guy called Ingvar who took an old bus from the 60s (that made 1.7 million kilometers so far!) and made it operable again. He took out the seats and made a 26 square meter apartment out of it. The bus now has a double bad, two bunk beds for the kids, toilet, kitchen (with stove and fridge), two tables with seats. Is that a party bus or what?


With his family he traveled this bus throughout the island of Iceland. Amazing vehicle. We spent three hours with Ingvar as he took us all the way from one place to another. Icelandic names of places (and often people) are really not easy to either pronounce or remember so I'll save you the trouble.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting to read about your travel. Keep on updating! all the best, Dror

    ReplyDelete