Monday, July 4, 2011

Farewell Party

The only real downside of traveling is that you won't be able to meet those close to you for a while. Luckily, Skype and other competing software somewhat alleviates that pain by enabling video conversations that can sometimes make us feel we're not that far away. When I went traveling seven years ago (damn, time's flying...) I installed Skype in small Internet places and connect my own headset and wished for a proper voice conversation. Actually, a good Internet place was one of the important comforts that would make me spend more time in a place. In such places I could talk to people I care for and upload backups of the oh-so-many pictures I was taking.

But this post is about the farewell party.


It was awesome!!!

Great people.

Great music.

Great vibe.

And the beach in the background complimented the ambiance.

Here are a few pictures not representing anything:








Only when the party was over I came to realize that I'm not going to see most of these people physically for a long while. Well, you're always welcome to come join me on parts of the journey :)

2 comments: