Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles

These pictures are from the second night in Los Angeles where I still am. Soon I'm heading to Mexico but there's no reason not to include random pictures from recent experiences. October 11th is when I met a cool girl whom I hosted in Israel over 3 years ago. She lives in LA and suggested the lovely Griffith Observatory. It's up a hill overlooking LA and the infamous HOLYWOOD sign. Really beautiful and interesting exhibits inside.
Apparently you can hike to the sign and try to vandalize it. Too far for me :)
After enjoying the reunion and amazing place I went on to a more touristy and boring place - Holywood Bvd where there are lots of stars on the pavement with names of movie stars. The only joy I imagine one could extract from it would be stepping on the names of hated celebrities. But hey, I get that other people do enjoy that. I went there to meet an even older friend I've met back in Thailand nearly 8 years ago. You know you're getting older when you can meet people you haven't met for many years. To longevity! Now read what's under the pictures and leave a comment if you please.
Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles at the palm of my hand
Some say NASA is planning to send teddy bears to outer space...

Downtown Los Angeles seen from the Griffith Observatory
Same, but when the camera moves :)
Home is where the heart is, but Israel has a special place in my heart still
Albert Einstein and me


Near the Chinese Cinema, Holywood Bvd, top tourist dull destination

4 comments:

  1. cool pic with moving lights! guess it was an accident :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are great! I liked the psychedelic one where the camera moved.
    Teddies in space seem plausible enough an explanation.

    All the best,
    Ayelet

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always sweet when you meet a friend from way back. It lifts you spirit knowing you have friends all over the world you share a little "travelling history" with. That is also locked in the heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. now, you know why I decided to not join you to Hollywood :P
    I'm happy that I was able to share Griffith park observatory with you though. It's one of my favorite places in LA :)

    ReplyDelete